1. Swimfriends - Based in Tokyo, Swimfriends supports a worldwide outreach to the swimming community. Coach Steve Siegel offers adult swimming training for all levels at pools in downtown Tokyo. Contact Steve for details and schedules HERE or by email to email@example.com. Advance bookings are required.
3. e3 Fit - swim lessons in English and Japanese by former Japan OWS champion, Lisa Miyasugi
4. Shonan Bellmare - early morning training in Hon Atsugi and Shonan-dai. Ask Mark for details.
5. Ocean Navi has Let's Swim squads in Shin-Chiyoda, Machida, Mitaka, and Ofuna.
7. SwimmersGuide - pools near you are shown on a map
Hayama Open Water Swim Training
TnT members swim regularly at Ohama and Isshiki beaches in Hayama. The usual meeting spot is Hayama-koen (see map right). Information is posted on the Google Groups forum.
1. Information about swimming in Hayama, including access to Isshiki and Ohama, restaurants, gear for winter swimming
4. Tides: daily high and low tide times
5. Jellyfish: suggestions for protection, prevention and treatment
Endless Pool Video Analysis
1. Rough Water Swim Japan Series - races in Oiso and Kamakura
2. Japan International Open Water Swimming Association (JIOWSA) - races around Japan. There is an aquathlon series with entries open up to a week before the race. It is possible to apply for English race entry for JIOWSA races using this form.
3. Hayama OWS race (early July) - popular race for TnTers
4. Shonan OWS (early Sept) - tough 10 km annual race from Zushi to Enoshima
2. Making Waves - article in Metropolis magazine about some TnT swimmers
3. Wild Winter Swimming - article about the recent boom in winter OWS.
4. Benefits of Cold Water Swimming - article in VICE
3. Goggles - read TnT members' recommendations for swim goggles.
4. Sports Juen Ameyoko Kan - specialist swim store in Tokyo
5. Swans Googles - online prescription googles; buy each lens separately, and a choice of nose pieces
6. Wetsuit Repair Factory - you can send them your wetsuit for repair, or take it in to their shop in Hiratsuka