Run Training Sessions
1. Friday Morning Brick Ride+Run, organised by Francesco Frova - early morning bike hill repeats followed by run around the Palace.
2. Ikego Track Training Sessions (Zushi) - TiT members living in the Zushi area meet most Wednesdays around 4:30 p.m. for a track session. Use the Contact Us page for more information. You can find out if the track is free by checking the online schedule.
4. Parkrun - information on how to do your first Parkrun, as well as the virtual events (not)parkrun and Freedom parkrun.
5. The Monthly Shonan Marathon - regular running event along the coastal cycle path from Enoshima to Chigasaki; 1km, 3km, 5km, 10km, and 19km - 1,500 yen paid on the day for first timers, 1,000 yen each time thereafter.
6. Akabane Trial - another regular timed running event near Shin-Arakawa Ohashi bridge. There are various distances up to full marathon, all run on a 2.5 km course. Entry is up to 10 days before on Sports Entry.
1. Sports Entry - 10k 20k, half-marathon, 30k entry (Japanese)
3. Runnet Global - English entry for races in Japan and around the world
4. Runnet Top 100 Marathons - list (in Japanese) of the top-ranked races in Japan
5. Runnet Popular Marathon Entry - upcoming races
6. Samura Sports - trail running race calendar
Training Plans & Pace Calculators
1. Training Wizard - plug in your target distance, pace, etc., and you you can view a training plan from "runbritain".
2. Hal Higdon - a range of free training plans for a range of distances and levels. Choose your distance and level, and then scroll down the page for a printable training plan (in both miles and kilometres).
3. Pace Calculator - works out your pace for any race distance
4. Time Calculator - adds up your splits to give you your cumulative time.
2. Running Stations - information on "running stations" which have lockers, showers, and changing facilities for runners in Tokyo and elsewhere in Japan. Some also cater for cyclists.
4. Runtrip - information for runners, including a searchable database of running courses (in Japanese, requires simple registration to view maps)
5. Tokyo Running Maps - routes around Adidas RUNBASE
7. myRaceKit - ultra runner website; sells lightweight race gear